7 Job Interview Questions to Ask a Potential Employer
- What are the most important things you'd like me to accomplish in the first three months if I am hired for this position?
- How is performance typically measured and reviewed?
- How do you see my skills and experience fitting with the needs of your company? (This question can cause employers to review the reasons why you're a great fit for the company, which is exactly what you want them thinking about when you leave the interview.)
- Is there anything at all that you'd like me to clarify for you? (This is one of the best interview questions to ask an employer. It is helpful because it will bring up any lingering questions the employer may have about your qualifications. If the employer feels you haven't expanded enough on a particular skill set, you'll get a chance to do so before you leave the interview.)
- When do you expect to be making a hiring decision?
- May I follow up with you to find out your decision?
- May I have your business card? (When you have the employer's business card, you will have all of the contact information you need to follow up and to write a great thank you note after the interview.)